The Rotary Club of Cranbrook’s 50-50 draw Nov 27th, 2019 November 26, 2019
The Rotary Club of Cranbrook’s 50-50 draws are expanding!!
So are the jackpots!
|Nov 27, 2019 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Western Financial Place
1777 2 Street N
THE ROTARY CLUB OF CRANBROOK 50/50 RAFFLE OFFICIAL RULES
- General The Rotary Club of Cranbrook 50/50 Raffle (“Raffle”) allows B.C. residents attending events at Western Financial Place (“Arena”) in Cranbrook, B.C. to participate in a fundraising initiative that supports charitable groups throughout the Kootenays. The Raffle is operated through an electronic system that uses sophisticated hardware and software for the purchase of tickets and for generating, tracking, storing and reporting on numbers associated with purchased tickets (the “System”). By participating in the Raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Rotary Club of Cranbrook which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited.
- Jackpot The “Jackpot” shall be the total proceeds from “Raffle Tickets” sold for that drawing. The amount of the Jackpot will be tracked by the System, and the continuously updated amount will be publicly posted at the Arena and, if applicable, announced periodically during radio broadcasts of the event during the Raffle.
- Allocation of Proceeds Each Raffle winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot for the particular event. The other fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot will benefit the Rotary Club of Cranbrook, which supports various charitable groups throughout the Kootenays, including but not limited to East Kootenay Foundation for Health, Cranbrook Minor Hockey, Idlewild Park special projects, Rotary Park special projects, scholarships and bursaries, etc. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook shall allocate its share of the Jackpot to the above or other charities which it selects in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Eligibility The Raffle is open only to all persons who are located in the Province of British Columbia at the time of entry and who are nineteen (19) years of age or older and otherwise meet the conditions specified in these Official Rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following individuals, the volunteers for that days event, shall be ineligible to win they event that they volunteer at.
- Purchasing the Raffle Tickets All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows ONE (1) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; THREE (3) Raffle Tickets $10.00; and EIGHT (8) Raffle Tickets for $20.00. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Raffle Tickets may be available for purchase from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 PM on the day of the selected event.
- In-person In-person at designated kiosks at the event or from roving Rotarian Volunteers in marked Event Jackets at the applicable event. Ticket buyers purchasing from Rotarian Volunteers will receive a single printed receipt listing all of the numbers associated with the purchased Raffle Tickets; or
ALL METHODS OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES.If the System experiences any technical difficulties during an event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof) the Rotary Club of Cranbrook reserves the right in its sole discretion to
- cancel the Raffle;
- suspend the Raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereupon it will resume;
- elect to continue In-person sales but suspend OnLine sales and conduct the draw using the entries received in the Arena and those received OnLine prior to the OnLine suspension; or
- elect to continue OnLine sales but suspend In-person sales.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, the Rotary Club of Cranbrook reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or suspension.
In the event that the System is unavailable at the time the Purchase Period commences for any event due to technical difficulties or otherwise, the Rotary Club of Cranbrook may elect to sell paper raffle tickets and will not use the System for that event.If a paper Raffle is conducted, no OnLine entries will be permitted.One ticket corresponding to each ticket number purchased will be placed in a draw bin.
- Selection of Winner Upon the conclusion of the Purchase Period, the Rotary Club of Cranbrook will use the System to randomly generate one winning ticket number from among the numbers associated with purchased tickets. The Raffle will be conducted by a “50/50 Administrator” of the Rotary Club of Cranbrook and supervised by a member of the Club. The decisions of the 50/50 Administrator shall be final and binding. The number of the winning Raffle Ticket will be announced in the Arena and posted throughout the Arena. Winning numbers will also be listed on the Rotary Club of Cranbrook’s website and Facebook page.
- Prize Claim Prizes may be claimed on the day of the event by going to the Cranbrook Rotary Kiosk in the Lobby of Western Financial Place. Alternatively, the prize may be claimed within 72 hours (3 days) of the applicable drawing, by notifying the Rotary Club of Cranbrook and presenting the winning Raffle Ticket in-person at Western Financial Place. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook can be contacted by phoning 250-919-1834 or emailing CranbrookRotary5050@gmail.com. A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole winner. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook shall have no responsibility to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket. Each prize claimant must provide the Rotary Club of Cranbrook with all information required by provincial gaming regulations to claim a prize. The prize claimant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release (“Release”) which must be executed and returned to the Rotary Club of Cranbrook no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release.
In the event a claimant:
- does not notify the Rotary Club of Cranbrook within thirty (3) days of the drawing; or
- is ruled ineligible for any reason; or
- refuses the prize; or
- does not return an executed Release,
the prize will be forfeited and will be retained by the Rotary Club of Cranbrook to be added to the next event.The Rotary Club of Cranbrook has no obligation to contact potential winners.All prizes will be sent to the winners via cheque within thirty (30) days of the winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to the Rotary Club of Cranbrook.For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winners.Unclaimed prizes will be added to the prize to be awarded at the next event of the season or the first event of the following season.
- Odds The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the drawing.
- Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met:
- the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner.
- Release of Liability By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to:
- be bound by these Official Rules; and
- release the Rotary Club of Cranbrook and any presenting partner of the 50/50 Raffles, and each of their respective partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with the Officers, Directors, partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with the owners, employees, officers, directors, sponsors and agents of any of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, injuries, losses and liabilities whatsoever arising out of the Raffle. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook will administer the Raffle in good faith and in the best interest of the charitable beneficiaries but shall not have any liability in connection with any decisions made in connection with the Raffle. Released parties
- make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof); and
- disclaim any implied warranty.
The Rotary Club of Cranbrook’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Publicity Release Each winner, by accepting a prize, grants the Rotary Club of Cranbrook and the Released Parties full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner’s name, address (city only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that the Rotary Club of Cranbrook may require to be signed in connection with this release.
- Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible Under current applicable law, amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not quality as a deductible charitable contribution.
- General Conditions The Rotary Club of Cranbrook reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. Entries which are or appear to be tampered with are void. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will also be void. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by the Rotary Club of Cranbrook. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the drawing held on the date of purchase. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, lost or mutilated entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website. The Rotary Club of Cranbrook shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion.
- Governing Law The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular person or circumstance, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remained of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Cranbrook, B.C.
For additional information, please contact the 50/50 hotline at 250-919-1834 or by email at CranbrookRotary5050@gmail.com
B.C. GAMING EVENT LICENSE #122675